Where: United States - New York City
Source: After the Final Curtain
What: Loew’s Kings Theatre opened in 1929 and was designed by the architectural firm of Rapp and Rapp and decorated by Harold W. Rambush. It was operated by the Loew’s Theaters chain, and it was one of the five “Loew’s Wonder Theaters” in the New York metropolitan area. Loew’s dropped the Kings in August 1977 due to low attendance and high maintance costs, as well as the decline of the surrounding neighborhood. It remains closed and abandoned since that year.